Date:      13 Mar 2003 07:38:22 +0000
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Presenting Evo 1.3.1 for FreeBSD

--=-5WxjNv/AogPHHl1IM9GT

Sorry if people get this twice...

Well, it looks pretty good to me, but I'll let you judge for
yourselves (http://www.marcuscom.com/evo_screen.png).  You can get Evo
1.3.1 via marcusmerge.  Here are some caveats:

* While you can have Evo 1.2.2 and 1.3.1 installed at the same time, you
cannot do so with gnomepilot support.  I am doing all my 1.3.1 testing
_without_ gnomepilot.  If you choose to test gnomepilot2 with Evo 1.3.1,
let me know if my plist is correct.

* Evo 1.3.1 desktop icon conflicts with Evo 1.2.2's in the panel only.=20
That is, you may need to start Evo 1.3.1 from CLI if you have both
installed.

* Not all settings are migrated properly.  I had to tweak a few things
like signatures and summary settings.

* Evo uses gal2-1.99.2, so you'll need to upgrade Gnumeric2 after
installation to properly chase gal's shared lib version.

* Please read
http://developer.ximian.com/projects/evolution/release_notes/1.3.1.html
before trying Evo 1.3.1.

For those who may be new to marcusmerge, here's the deal.  Go to
http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi, and get the
marcusmerge script.  Then, pick a directory where you'd like to store
the downloaded development ports, and run marcusmerge:

marcusmerge -s /path/to/development/ports -d /usr/ports

Then follow on-screen instructions.

Evo bug reports should generally be directed to bugzilla.ximian.com (or
filed through bug-buddy).  However, if you feel the problem is
FreeBSD-specific, please let freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org know.  Please do
not file FreeBSD PRs on these development ports.

Joe

--=20
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus@FreeBSD.org