Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 16:28:25 +1000
From:      "Andrew Reilly" <areilly@bigpond.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        bugs@bugs.au.freebsd.org
Subject:   Anyone using pam_smb with FreeBSD-stable?

I know that it's not in the ports tree yet, let-alone core (hey,
smbfs just went in, so one can dream...).  In fact, I didn't
know that such a thing existed until I read some messages about
it on the local Linux users group mailing list.

http://pserver.samba.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/pam_smb/

Seems to be the master site, but this might be too:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pamsmb/

or this:

http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied/pam_smb/

Any theories on how this might interact with cvs, if it works
with the FreeBSD PAM framework at all?

I'm helping to set up a FreeBSD-stable box (actually 4.2-release
at the moment, but it will probably go to -stable soon) as a CVS
server on an otherwise entirely Windows network.  Since all of
the engineers already have windows domain logins, and there's an
NT domain controller on the net to do authentication, it (this
PAM thing) seems like a useful approach to take.

Any experiences to relate?

--
Andrew