Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 10:23:21 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Pavel Vlk <pavel@vol.cz>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
Cc:        nora@podvodnik.cz, green@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: OpenSSH-1.2.2

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, Will Andrews wrote:

> Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 19:55:16 -0400
> From: Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
> To: nora@podvodnik.cz
> Cc: green@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: FreeBSD Port: OpenSSH-1.2.2
>
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 04:44:12PM +0200, Pavel Vlk wrote:
> > I've tried to compile OpenSSH-1.2.2  and I run into troubles trying
> > "make". I'm quite new in FreeBSD and unfortunately I can't find any
> > helpful info on net. Could you, please, help me and guide me over ? I'd
> > appreciate it.
>
> It would help if you actually showed what "troubles" you ran into.

Sorry ! Thanks !

I tried some more versions but none worked. In last case I got source of
OpenSSH-1.2.3 from URL
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current/ports/security/openssh.tar
untared it and run "make".

Error message claims missing /src/usr.bin/ssh/COPYING.Ylonen. I've found
somewhere and palced to requested location and received error message
claiming wrong checksum.

Output I can get as only result follows.

~~~~Cut~~~~~
===>  Extracting for src/usr.bin/ssh
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

When I try to compile ssh-1.2.27 or ssh-2.0.13 from www.ssh.org I
succeeded without any problem.

I know, it's not much I can report, but in case you could give me a hint
I'll try to report more specific.

Best regards
Pavel