Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:52:26 -0500
From:      "Cambria, Mike" <mcambria@lucent.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: SNA

Can you be more specific?  What type of SNA traffic?

There are no SNA stacks on FreeBSD known to me. In order to route
traditional SNA (i.e. Subarea Node, Peripheral Node) FreeBSD would need to
implement a Subarea Node.

To route APPN/HPR, FreeBSD would need to implement an APPN/HPR Network Node.

To tunnel/bridge SNA (or NetBIOS), FreeBSD would need a DLSw implementation.

Since APPN/HPR now runs *natively* on IP, it might be possible for the SNA
nodes on each side of your FreeBSD systems to use HPR/IP, thus passing IP
through your FreeBSD systems like other IP traffic.  Support for HPR/IP is
no more than a year old.  All current products from IBM now support it.  If
you find out more details (see original question on top), I can advise from
there.

Regards,
MikeC

Michael C. Cambria                        Lucent Technologies
SNA Product Development                          Bell Labs Innovations
   Voice: (978) 287 - 2807                300 Baker Avenue
     Fax: (978) 287 - 2810                Concord, Massachusetts 01742