Date:      Tue, 09 Feb 1999 01:10:09 -0500
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: adding DHCP client to src/contrib/

Steve Kargl wrote in message ID
<199902090600.WAA65168@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>:
> Drop FreeBSD cd-rom into tray (or caddy).
> mount_cd9660 /dev/cd0a /mnt
> pkg_add dhcp
> umount /mnt

So you are suggesting we no longer supporting FTP installs? Do you realise
what impact that would have? I guess you haven't seen the dramatic increase in
cablemodem and ADSL/SDSL/HDSL/IDSL installations which don't offer static IP's
and require running DHCP clients? Let alone all the M$ infested corporate
environments? Heck, I even recommend running DHCP to people! Why? It makes
roaming between work and home with a laptop 10 times easier!

IMHO, requiring a CD to install in a DHCP environment is like requiring a GPS
before getting a driving license. Something that a case could be made for, but
it'd hold water about as well as a wire mesh fence.

Gary