Date:      Thu, 25 Aug 2005 19:41:50 +0200
From:      Arne Schwabe <arne@rfc2549.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Vertikal and Horizontal Scroll of (mighty) mice

Hi,

I just got myself myself a shiny white Mighty Mouse from Apple.

I now have the Problem that Wheel if the scrolling to left and right.
I fixed this by teaching ums.c to prefer WHEEL over Z but it would be
nice to support both wheel and z axis scrolling. I checked the mouse(4)
but the dataformat there does not even support a forth axis. Hacking
ums.c to map z axis to buttons 7 and 8 would be possible, but not a
clean solution. Another Option would be to add a z2 axis or something
tothe SYSMOUSE format.

What are your opinion?

Arne