Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:42:11 -0400
From:      Feisal Mohammed <Feisal.O.Mohammed@uwi.tt>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Advansys disk not found on FreeBSD 4.0 install

Hi,

I am running 3.4-RELEASE and want to upgrade to 4.0-RELEASE.
I stick in the floppies and all my devices are recognized,
but when I get to the selection of the slices, I don't see
the drive. Under 3.4-RELEASE, I boot cleanly from the disk.

The following is the controller and disk as seen by 3.4-RELEASE

adv0: <AdvanSys ASC3050 Ultra SCSI controller> rev 0x03 int a irq 12 on pci0.12.0
da0: <IBM DNES-309170 SA30> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-3 device

Can anyone shed some light on this?

-Feisal