Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 2002 19:00:14 +0600 (YEKST)
From:      =?koi8-r?B?6czY0SD7ydDJw8nO?= <ilia@chel.skbkontur.ru>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: ipfw: divert question!

Salut, Joe & Fhe Barbish !

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Joe & Fhe Barbish wrote:

> You state "How can I restrict all the computers but apollo from using nat=
> ????"
> You imply that all the computer are on the LAN behind the firewall.
> That means they must use private ip numbers to work.
>
> To use LAN private ip numbers and access the internet you must use
> natd to translate between the single public ip address you get from
> your ISP and the multiple private ip address of your LAN.
>
> If this is not your case then you must provide greater details
> about your environment or restate your goal so people can
> understand what you want to do and why.
>
> If you only want one  LAN computer to access the internet then say so.

yes.

I want to grant access to a single computer to use tcp/513 (rlogin ?),
well some kind of software claim to use tcp/513, I've no idea whether
or not it obey to rlogin-protocol :)

thanks to God, all other soft can use squid.

but that single machine certainly wants to use nat, because all my LAN
is on private IP space.

apollo (192.168.100.21) --> gateway + natd --> some.known.host:513

I don't want anybody else to use natd at all.