Date:      Mon, 24 Dec 2007 23:36:21 +0100
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=C3=B8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: printing boot probe messages

Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org> writes:
> Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav wrote:
>> Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org> writes:
>>> I've lost the printing of all of th e messages you normally see, when y=
ou are
>>> booting yoiur machine (you know, mostly probe messages.  I used to see =
them on
>>> this box. When I made my first kernel, I had begun (obviously, as we al=
l do)
>>> with GENERIC as a base, but changing the first loaders.hints and the ke=
rnel,
>>> that's the last I saw of booting messages.
>> You say something stopped working after you fiddled with some config
>> files, but you don't show us those config files nor even tell us *which*
>> config files you modified in terms that we can understand (there is no
>> such thing as loader.hints).
> Dag, I looked through all my older messages, I couldn't see where I'd giv=
en
> you the misimpression about stuff stopping working when I made my first
> kernel.  [...]

I don't understand a single word you're saying here.  I said nothing
about your "first kernel".  I'll repeat what I said (which you can also
see quoted above):

  You say something stopped working after you fiddled with some config
  files, but you don't show us those config files nor even tell us
  *which* config files you modified in terms that we can understand
  (there is no such thing as loader.hints).

So tell us which config files you modified, and show us those files, and
maybe we'll be able to help you.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav - des@des.no