Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2000 09:39:43 GMT
From:      bart.lateur@skynet.be (Bart Lateur)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dayligh Saving Time in Europe

I'm pretty new to FreeBSD. It took me a while to find out that Daylight
Saving Time ought to be set through Time Zones.

Although my local time is set correctly, my gmtime probably isn't. I'm
trying to fix that now.

So I start up sysinstall, and go to Configure -> Time Zones -> Europe. I
get a long list of European countries. I select Belgium. It asks "does
the abbreviation 'CEST' look ok?" I click "NO", because the time zone is
CET; the "S" stands for Standard, and I think I want 'CEDT'. But I don't
get that choice.

So I get to choose from a long list of countries for which half come out
to "CEST"? With no way to select Daylight Saving Time?

Humph. But, enough whining. So, sysinstall won't work. Can I compensate
for Daylight Saving Time the user unfriendly way?

ps. This is the version FreeBSD 3.4 that came on the latest CD's from
Walnut Creek (december 1999).

--
	Bart.