Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2001 13:00:22 -1000
From:      Richard Puga <puga@mauibuilt.com>
To:        Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPFW/VLAN

Yes I do have the vlan entry in my kernel. I have tried it with and without.

The MTU of the fxp cards it set to its new default of 1500 (as of 4.4) and
curiously enough
can not be set higher as the maximum length of an ether net packet is 1518.

The bridge passes the 802.1q packets just fine and I can view them with
tcpdump.

it seems that ipfw ignores them, either treating them as a malformed ether
net packet or one that
is not ip.. im not sure that's just a guess..

Thanks for your reply

Richard Puga
puga@mauibuilt.com