Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2000 09:49:30 +0100
From:      Konstantin Chuguev <Konstantin.Chuguev@dante.org.uk>
To:        Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
Cc:        Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Which GCC in CURRENT? [Was: Re: Wine update]

Szilveszter Adam wrote:

> > > Hmmm. It is good that the problem got resolved, but I take both 4.1 and
> > > -CURRENT use the same gcc version... (2.95.2) Or am I missing something?
> >
> > AFAIK, -CURRENT uses a snapshot of GCC 2.96 which may have some bugs.
>
> It reports itself as 2.95.2.

There are two directories in CURRENT's src/contrib: gcc and gcc.295 (the former is
fresher). In src/gnu/{usr.bin|lib} appropriate Makefile.inc files set .PATH to
.../.../gcc.295.
There seems to be no way to switch to another GCC by editing just one line
somewhere.
Does anybody knows why there are two GCC in CURRENT?

Regards,
    Konstantin.

--
          * *        Konstantin Chuguev - Application Engineer
       *      *              Francis House, 112 Hills Road