Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 1995 12:57:14 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), graichen@sirius.physik.fu-berlin.de, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ideas from netbsd

Terry Lambert writes:
> > > Linux DOSEMU.  Other VM86().
> >
> > This is going to be solved by adding general NetBSD user binary
> > emulation?  Helloooooo Terry!! :)
>
> Why would "general NetBSD user binary emulation" require any kernel
> options at all?

Because DOSEMU requires *LOTS* of kernel changes for VM86.  No userland
code would work w/out the kernel mods.  Also, last time I looked VM86()
support *still* isn't in the release kernel, and I don't know if the
patches still being kept up-to-date.

> If you don't want kernel examples (ie: AFS was a bad example), then
> what about NetBSD's thread environment for their JAVA port?

What thread environment?  You mean CAP's, which is also available for
FreeBSD?

Nate