Date:      Fri, 05 May 1995 16:15:55 +0200
From:      "Philippe Charnier" <charnier@lirmm.fr>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   setting a PC.

Hello,

I have a problem. I just receive a PC with a 3com 3C509B-TP board
(Etherlink III 16 bit) but with no documentation. The PC is
(physically) wired to the network and an ethernet address has been
assigned for this machine. My question is: what are the correct
operations to do? what tools I need to ftp-load in order to set the
card (and from which site) and to be able to run ftp (I need to backup
the MSDOS harddisk before running fips and installing FreeBSD on).

Please help me, and there will be a new FreeBSD box on the net.

ps: this message had been forwarded to 3com organization.

Philippe Charnier                                      charnier@lirmm.fr

         LIRMM, 161 rue Ada, 34392 Montpellier cedex 5 -- France