Date:      Wed, 29 May 2013 16:34:29 +0100
From:      Arthur Chance <freebsd@qeng-ho.org>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Routed(8) resurrecting deleted aliases

I've got a gateway machine running routed. If I use ifconfig to
temporarily add a /32 alias to an interface to give it an alternate
identity on that interface's network, and then delete the alias, it
reappears in the routing table shortly after. Use "route delete" to
clear it and it reappears again. Automate the process and it reappears
every 30 seconds, corresponding to routed's cycle time. The only way to
permanently clear it is to restart routed.

This is at 9.1-RELEASE-p3 on amd64.

I can't find any PR that matches this behaviour or anything via Google
except for one comment on the forums that's less than helpful(*).
Anybody know anything about this, or should I file a PR?

(*) The comment consists of "That's because you are running routed" with
no explanation or suggestions.

--
In the dungeons of Mordor, Sauron bred Orcs with LOLcats to create a
new race of servants. Called Uruk-Oh-Hai in the Black Speech, they

		_Lord of the Rings 2.0, the Web Edition_