Date:      Mon, 03 Dec 2007 21:25:00 -0800
From:      Rudy <crapsh@monkeybrains.net>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nvidia-driver-100.14.19 port doesn't detect device in 7.0-BETA4

>> Anyone have a way to get nvida working on 7.0-BETA4 ?
>
> Something else has probably attached to your video card so nvidia
> doesn't get a chance.
>
> Try putting nvidia_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf and reboot.

THANK YOU!  That did it.

I had cvsup'd, rebuilt the kernel, and the machine would lock up with nvidia_load in the
loader.conf -- since it was compiled under an older 7.0 current...  So, I rebooted edited out the
nvdia_load from the loader.conf, booted, then rebuild the nvidia driver from the ports, and could
not load it.  Your instructions fixed it.

Rudy