Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 11:39:05 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Gregory Wilson <gregkey@snet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help

On Tue, May 12, 1998 at 08:16:10PM -0400, Gregory Wilson wrote:
> hi can some one tell me where i can get some help... i setup up the
> program in my computer and it ask me to log and and a pass word i try to
> give it a pass word but it won't do nothing i really don't understand
> how do i get pass that point .....so i can run the system
> thank you
> Gregory
> ps. i using FreeBSD 2.2.6

There is a tutorial on the FreeBSD web site that is perfect for you:

http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/newuser/newuser.html

Then have a good look around the web site for other documentation,
particularly the Handbook, FAQ, and links to basic unix tutorials and
manuals that are on other web sites.

Soon there will be another web page especially for "newbies" with
information about resources that are good for beginners. At the moment
the information is scattered around a bit, but you'll find lots of
interesting stuff if you look around the web site.

When you want help to find manuals and tutorials that you need to study,
write to freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org and ask us to suggest what we've
found useful. Many of us have a book called The Complete FreeBSD which
keeps us out of trouble. http://www.cdrom.com/titles/os/bsdbook2.htm

When you have already read the relevant documentation and something still
doesn't work, the people at freebsd-questions@freebsd.org can help you.

Have fun!

--

Regards,