Date:      Sun, 1 Mar 1998 12:19:01 -0800
From:      "John Flickinger" <rmg421@mindspring.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01BD450C.37F662A0

=20
Well, I tried the installation of the walnut creek cd. I deleted a =
partition on my hard drive, made the image floppy, and went to work.
I was able to find the floppy, hard drive wd0, etc. I used the =
beginner's setup and got rid of all conflicts, and my screen output =
looked very=20
similar to page 55 in Greg Lehey's " the complete freebsd ". I get all =
kinds of info scrolling of the screen, then the screen clears with
a cursor down at the bottom left hand side of the screen, and hangs. I =
never get to the "sysinstall" menu. I have a Dell PII 233 running NT
and I have a STBVelocity 128 vid board. I have a feeling that I have an =
IRQ conflict, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks for your help.=20
=20
Sincerely,
John Flickinger=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01BD450C.37F662A0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Well, I tried the installation of the walnut creek =
cd. I=20
deleted a partition on my hard drive, made the image floppy, and went to =

work.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I was able to find the floppy, hard drive wd0, etc. =
I used the=20
beginner's setup and got rid of all conflicts, and my screen output =
looked very=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>similar to page 55 in Greg Lehey's &quot; the =
complete freebsd=20
&quot;. I get all kinds of info scrolling of the screen, then the screen =
clears=20
with</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>a cursor down at the bottom left hand side of the =
screen, and=20
hangs. I never get to the &quot;sysinstall&quot; menu. I have a Dell PII =
233=20
running NT</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>and I have a STBVelocity 128 vid board. I have a =
feeling that=20
I have an IRQ conflict, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions would be=20
greatly</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>appreciated. Thanks for your =
help.</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Sincerely,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>John Flickinger</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01BD450C.37F662A0--