Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 98 01:49:16
From:      "Andreas Huber" <ahuber@ping.at>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Serial port access (Reformatted)

Hi,

I'm planning on implementing/porting a proprietary communication
protocol (binary, packet oriented) to FreeBSD (and Linux)
and was wondering what the options are for accessing the serial port.
Do I use tty(4) and termios(4) or are there alternatives
that better suit the task? How does PPP do it?

TIA,
Andreas

P.S.: I'm sorry if fact that my mailer breaks lines 132 chars annoyed
some of you. But there's no reason to accuse me of using Microsoft
products ;-).