Date:      Sun, 08 Sep 1996 17:06:04 -0700
From:      shegonee@ix.netcom.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tape drive FAQ

TWIMC,
        I'm a novice FreeBSD user. I'd like to buy a tape drive that will
work with release 2.1 on my Pentium with a PCI NCR C815 SCSI Host Adapter.
Is there any source for information that would allow me to make a informed
decision about what I could buy or have a good chance of installing
successfully? The FAQ about supported tapes drives is very sketchy.
        Most of the stuff I have read so far are problem reports. I've fried
two disk drives and one motherboard installing FreeBSD so far. Any help you
can provide would be most helpful.
Kirk :)