Date:      Fri, 1 Sep 2000 13:22:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Christopher Stein <stein@eecs.harvard.edu>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: remote gdb debugging

/dev/cuaa1 turned out to be the culprit. I tested this
by `echo "hello" > /dev/cuaa1` on the debugger and
`cat /dev/cuaa1` on the debuggee. The hello makes it across.

Now I'm having some "packet error" problems with kgdb.

On the debuggee I ctrl-alt-esc into ddb and do:

db> gdb
db> step

<waits for remote connection >

From the debugger I do:

(gdb) target remote /dev/cuaa1
Remote debugging using /dev/cuaa1
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Malformed response to offset query, timeout
(gdb)

Anyone seen this before? What did I miss?  These two systems are identical
hardware-wise .. so I would expect the baud rates to match (unless gdb
does some setting in the background).

thanks
-Chris