Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2000 20:09:44 +0200
From:      Joachim =?iso-8859-1?Q?Str=F6mbergson?= <watchman@ludd.luth.se>
To:        clefevre@citeweb.net
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Parallel kernel make  Was Re: kernel.debug (was Re: HEADS UP! Always use  the 'make buildkernel' target to make your kernels)

Hi!

Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
> what about to compile a kernel w/ debugging informations from buildkernel target ?
> and about parallel make ?

Just for kicks I tried doing a 'make -j4 buildkernel' with KERNEL=SNP40
in /etc/make.conf and /boot/loader.conf. It works, that is the make
finished without crashing. I dunno if the binary works, nor if the
compile was substantially faster. So, superficially, parallel make of a
kernel does work.

It sure consumed a lot of resources for a few minutes though. My SETI
run ran sloowly.

--
Cheers!
Joachim - Alltid i harmonisk svängning