Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 1997 17:37:47 -0400
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel profiling...

I know that you can use prof to profile applications. Is there any
similar utility for profiling a kernel? My serial driver for the Cyclom-Z
is pretty much done, except that I'm not happy with the throughput. I've been
over the interrupt routine enough that I'm fairly sure its about as tight as it
can get. I'm now looking at some of the other routines, but all of them seem
similar to the sio driver. What I really need is some hard numbers on
number of calls, and average time in the call. I looked for kprof, but it
wasn't there ;)
	-Brian