Date:      Sat, 6 Jan 2001 13:58:14 -0500
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel 2011 (802.11b)

Edwin Culp <eculp@EnContacto.Net> probably said:
> I've seen radius mentioned on an AP, too, now that you mention it,
> but I don't remember which one.  Doesn't matter right now, I've got
> plenty to do.

The full on commercial level Lucent APs do radius (AP-500 and AP-1000)
and the announcement about the newest one claimed to do "per user
authentication and per user, per session encryption" but the
announcement about that seems to have vanished from the web pages.

I do see the USB box, which would be great for desktops. Availability
end of Q1 2001, so I assume no one has played with one yet ...

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu