Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:07:04 +0400
From:      Alexander Sashurin <sashome@m-lan.ru>
To:        Joel Adamson <trashbird1240@yahoo.com>,  freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NDIS/KLDload

*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(r) Pro*
Joel Adamson wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I need to get the internet up and running on my new FreeBSD6.1 install.  I'm using a Belkin F5D7050 wireless adapter that is not recognized as a network interface in install.  This thing works perfectly with ndiswrapper under linux, which is how I'm writing this message.
>
> I tried using NDISulator (ndis), following the handbook instructions to the keystroke and when I submit the last step
>
> kldload if_ndis
>
> I get "cannot load if_ndis: file exists"
>
> What does this mean and how do I get it to actually work?
>
> Thank you very much,
> Joel
>
> Joel J. Adamson
Unfortunately, I don't know what's the reason of this bug, but i have
found a way to get over it. I had the same problems with my MSI PC11B2
adapter. try this method, using ndisgen:

ndisgen
   ... here we answer interactive questions and get tnet1130_sys.ko on
out...
   cp tnet1130_sys.ko /boot/kernel/
   kldload ndis
   kldload if_ndis
   kldload tnet1130_sys

for automatic load write the following into /boot/loader.conf :
ndis_load="YES"
   if_ndis_load="YES"
   tnet1130_sys_load="YES"

this method had helped me, i think it'll work in your case too.

--
With best regards,
	Alexander Sashurin a.k.a. ZetRooT or ZetDaemonRoot