Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 1997 11:58:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>
To:        Evan Champion <evanc@synapse.net>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@hub.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bin/5050: upgrade perl

On Sat, 15 Nov 1997, Evan Champion wrote:

> I just report the problem.  Am I supposed to do everything?  If I was
> interested in doing that I'd get CVS update access and do it myself.

Hehe.  It's not a problem.  The current versions work just fine.
It's a feature-request.

I can think of many more similar problems which are actually
feature-requests.  Ultimitely, if I want these features, it does
amount to doing what you said: "getting CVS update access and
doing it yourself"... Except, you don't want the CVS part unless
you want even more work for youself...  :)  Including the diffs
necessary and bmakefiles necessary is sufficient.

Or, of course, I could pay someone else to do it.  Except I can't
actually, since I don't usually have enough money sitting around
to buy the latest FreeBSD CD, let alone pay for the OS on it.
Perhaps you, OTOH, do have this as an option.

Not to downplay the commonality of the third option -- "just wait
until someone else does it".  This'll happen, but it requires a
little patience.

> perl 4.036 is absolutely useless, so IMHO either ditch it and save people

Not true.  I use it.

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk