Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2001 14:57:49 -1000
From:      Richard Puga <puga@mauibuilt.com>
To:        Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPFW/VLAN

The vlan traffic passes just fine.. the problem is I cant get ipfw to block it.

if I do a tcp dump on fxp0 or fxp1 I see normal paketw with simple 801.1Q #10 in
them.
its thease packets that ipfw ignores, hence my problem..

Thanks again for your reply

Richard Puga
puga@mauibuilt.com

PS if I do a tcpdump on the vlan interfaces I set up on the bridge I get no
traffic..
all the traffic seems to go from fxp0 to fxp1 and if I tell ipfw to block all
traffic from fxp0 to fxp1 the 802.1q packets still get through

I tried bridging fxp0 to vlan0 and fxp1 to vlan1 and vlan0 to vlan1 yada yada
yada....

:)