Date:      31 Mar 2003 17:50:02 -0800
From:      Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>
To:        "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fontconfig patch

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 17:29, Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:
> Hey, I have been wondering why do other people have this problem? Just
> asking, because I 'never' have this problem, but with upgrade of X to 4.3.0
> by rebuilt fontconfig. I even install everything by stratch (empty
> /usr/local/ and /usr/X11R6/) few times in the past and this problem never
> hit on me. It seems, it's little strange to me.

fontconfig is a mysterious and wonderful thing.  When it is working,
everything around you is bright and sunny and easy.  When it is not
working, everything is dark and depressing and filled with gloom.  There
is no telling when you will be plunged into gloom due to a quirk of
fontconfig.  Just keep hoping it never happens to you.

/Joe