Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 1997 16:51:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Juan Emilio Llor <root@nexus.es>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: routing table

On Fri, 14 Feb 1997, Juan Emilio Llor wrote:

> I have modems in a machine.
>
> This machine asigns ip addresses to the modem client.
>
> In the Unix machine (another machine) I must put
> the routes. If I do'nt do it, then the modem can not
> see the Unix machine.
>
> In the begining, all runs ok, but when i make a ping
> to a modem ip that is not conected in this moment,
> then the route changes automatically, and this ip
> (when anybody logs in across the modem) can not see
> the Unix machine.

OK, I understand now.

We made sure you disabled routed & gated, right?

You might be able to solve this with creative netmasking.

There is a section in the Handbook that deals with dialup, you might read
it.  I also have a section that I sgml-ized at
http://resnet.uoregon.edu/ppp/ that may be of interest.