Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:34:45 -0800
From:      GG <oly562@charter.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   DUAL PROC NOT RECONIZED

Hello fellow nixians:

My problem is, in Dmesg|grep CPU, im not showing my second processor. I
have a proliant 7000 compaq server with 2 procs installed, and room for
four. I did a custom kernel as well as SMP default options included
(uncommented) from GENERIC. My current kernel, which is a go,
built/installed fine, no errors. So first of all, what is the command to
see if I have two procs installed posted to terminal, and second, if 2nd
cpu1 is not showing, what is the next step? Build World? Very confusing
reading some of the documents, nothing conrete nor clear how to do so.
It appears that it should just recognize both cpu0 and cpu1, but it
isnt. Lastely, in TOP, I am not able to get cpu0 display at all. Howto
would be appreciated, any command you suggest, I surely will be able to
follow. Anything you type, is greatly appreciated, and I am a firmly
addicted to FREEBSD and promote it to all DOZe users I come accross.
Enjoy the day, OLy562. l8