Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 1998 10:29:50 -0500 (CDT)
From:      joel@austin.ibm.com (Joel Davidson)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ps/2 mouse driver problems

Hi-

I've had 2.1.0 release #0 installed on my Pentium system for quite
a while, and am trying to get X running.  During boot, I get
psm0 not found at 0x60, and as a result the x server dies with
a mouse not found error.  I've checked the config file and rebuilt
the kernel to no avail.  The conf file has
device psm0 at isa? port "IO_KBD" conflicts tty irq 12 vector psmint
The motherboard is a Shuttle HOT-541 (pci/isa).  The mouse works fine
with windoze.  I've rebuilt the psm0 in /dev as well.

Any suggestions?  Would I be better off just installing the latest release?

TIA

Joel

Joel Davidson                   internet: joel@austin.ibm.com
IBM RISC System/6000 Division   vnet:     JOEL at AUSVM6
11400 Burnet Road, 902/9263     phone:    (512) 838-5973
Austin, TX 78758                t/l:      678-5973
                                fax:      838-8378