Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2000 12:10:57 -0500
From:      "Paul Haddad" <paul@pth.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Compatible VPN software & NAT

Hi All,

Has anyone been able to get Compatible Software's VPN software to work
through freebsd's NAT?

My current setup is I have a single DHCP acquired IP that my freebsd box
uses to NAT to the outside world.  I'd like to get the VPN software working
on a linux box, but don't want to put that box dirrectly on the internet.
Compatible's VPN software contains some linux kernel modules so I'm pretty
certain it won't run on freebsd.

Assuming natd can't handle the packets that this VPN software generates
would it be possible to have the following setup.

The freebsd box requests 2 different IP addresses from the DHCP server
The linux box default interface gets set to the second IP address
The freebsd box forwards only certain packets to the linux box

Thanks in advance,
---
Paul Haddad (paul@pth.com)
Do not meddle in the affairs of troff, for it is subtle and quick to
anger.