Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:58:36 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <Lev.Serebryakov@arcadia.spb.ru>
To:        All <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Problems with two equal HDDs

Hello All,

  SORRY FOR PREVIOUS INCOMPLETE POST.

  I need to install FreeBSD 4.3 on computer with two equal HDDs IBM
  DTLA 307030. HDDs was bought in one store, in one time.
  BIOS sees this disks with same geometry, but FreeBSD's fdsik sees it
  as:
   ad0  -- 3737/255/63
   ad2  -- 59560/16/63  (BIOS show this for both,and HDD's stickers says this)

  But I need to use these HDDs for mirror, so I need equal geometry.
  Ok, I know, about [G] button in fdisk, but I want understand -- Why
  these HDDs are detected differently by fdisk?!

--
Best regards,
 Lev                          mailto:Lev.Serebryakov@arcadia.spb.ru