Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:57:45 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unloading USB driver while device is attached.

--3ecMC0kzqsE2ddMN

Hello.

Could someone investigate what's going on for the situation from the
subject? This panic is trivial to reproduce:

	# kldload umass.ko
	<plug in your USB bar>
	# kldunload umass
	# kldload umass
	<panic>

It is not umass related! I think this problem is in our USB implementation.

One more note with could be helpful.
When device is already inserted and I load USB driver, <drvname>_match
isn't called, but when driver was unloaded while device was in and it is
loaded again (as in my example) <drvname>_match is called and we have
a problem, because there are some stale data, I think (not everything
is cleaned up on kldunload?).
Ok, one more note.
You can also set 'break <drvname>_match' in DDB and try to compare
backtraces when device is removed while driver is loaded and when you
unload USB driver.

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl