Date:      Mon, 7 Dec 1998 17:15:47 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Victor Breen <weasel@impulse.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems with recompiling my kernel

Victor Breen wrote:

> after I 'make depend' then try 'make' it tells me this...

[...]

> isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>
> can you tell me how to fix the '_isa_devtab_cam' error, I can't do it
> with the options I need in my kernel.

This sort of thing normally happens when you include something in your
kernel config, without including something else it needs. (For example,
including ``device sbxvi0'' or whatever sound card is without including
``controller snd0'' gives similar errors.) If you send your kernel
config to the list someone who knows more about kernel configuration
than me may be able to spot something missing.

That name looks like something to do with ISA and CAM devices, since I
know nothing about CAM I can't guess what you might have done wrong.

Did config give any errors when you ran it? that must be in sync with
your kernel sources, not sure what happens if it isn't though. Probably
isn't good though.

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk