Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:40:43 +0000
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
Cc:        Nora Etukudo <nora@sappho-net.de>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: crontab -e (solved [sort of ....])

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 05:26:25PM -0500, Brandon D. Valentine wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Nora Etukudo wrote:
>
> >My world is stable again: I "upgraded" from 'vim-6.0k' to 'vim-5.7.14'
> >and now 'crontab -e' works.
>
> I'd have to echo your sentiments.  vim6 has thusfar left a sour taste
> upon my tongue.

I just found this on the vim website - the message goes on after
this, but I snipped it after the relivant item.

	David.

From: Bram Moolenaar <Bram@moolenaar.net>
To: vim-dev@vim.org
Subject: Vim 6.0m alpha available
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 20:44:04 +0100

Yet another Vim in the 6.0 series.

Major changes

The default for the 'viminfo' option is now '50,"50,h when 'compatible' isn't
set.  Most people will want to use 'viminfo', including beginners, but it
required setting the option, which isn't that easy.

Added the 'autowriteall' option.  Works like 'autowrite' but for all
commands that abandon a file.

Added the 'backupskip' option: When a file name matches this pattern no backup
file is made.  Default is "^/tmp", makes "crontab -e" work.