Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 1996 18:03:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Khaleel Al-Jadaan <jadaan@eecs.umich.edu>
To:        Alain FAUCONNET <af@biomath.jussieu.fr>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS Client problems

 Alain, you are correct, mount(8) is reserved for root, I thought it was
the default that the any user can mount a file system. I am kind of toying
with freebsd to evaluate it and pick between it and Linux to install on
34 other machines, so far, freebsd is ahead. I guess limiting mounting
power to root keeps things under control and avoids opening that major
security window you mentioned.

 KJ

                               \|||/
                               /- -\