Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:51:26 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Thomas Runge" <runge@rostock.zgdv.de>
To:        Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0 R and newpcm

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Heiko Recktenwald wrote:

> And there were difficulties with recording with more than 8 bit 8000 Hz.
>
> Could I upgrade or downgrade the pcm driver ?

Well, from FreeBSD 3.x to 4.x they changed the sound drivers from
pcm (which worked for me and my Sb16 quite nice) to newpcm. I'm
not sure why. But my Sb16 stopped sampling useful data after that.
It seems, it's only an ISA problem, but again, I'm not sure.

So, you could downgrade to FreeBSD 3.5 :-( or wait for some kind
soul fixing it.

*sigh* Soundcard drivers and unix....

--
Tom