Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 01:46:30 PDT
From:      "Roop Nanuwa" <roopn@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   'Stayalive' telnet session...

This may seem like a wierd question but is there any way to setup a telnet
session to stay alive even if the connection is severed?

A typical problem scenario is this:

1) telnet into FreeBSD gateway (from a Win98 box) to do some work
   that takes a lot of time
2) windows crashes
3) restart windows and start a new telnet session, log in again,
   attempt to resume what I was doing before the crash

What I want to be able to do is have the initial login stay in session, so
that when I reconnect, it's still in the state before it disconnected...

Has anyone heard of a way to do this?

TIA
RSN