Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2001 09:48:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PPPoE on DSL Clients

At Sat, 24 Nov 2001 it looks like Gary Jennejohn composed:

> I recently set up something similar for a friend. He also has
> some windoze boxes on his network.
>
> It was not necessary to do anything special on the windoze
> machines. I did however put ``enable dns'' in ppp.conf so that
> ppp automatically puts the nameservers into /etc/resolv.conf on
> the FBSD router.
>
> Maybe this line is missing.

I would lean towards giving the internal machines (as I do) their
own pointers for DNS etc, unless your BSD box is offering it's own
DNS to the internal LAN you will need to tell the internal boxes
where to go for name resolution.  I have my internal machines look
first to my iternal DNS machine, then the next two lines in my
/etc/resolv.conf point to two different outside (physical locations)
DNS servers.

Despite being computers, they still need to told where to go for ALL
their information no matter where they are located in reference to
your gateway machine.

--
Bill Schoolcraft
PO Box 210076                 -o)