Date:      Sun, 1 Sep 1996 13:36:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dave Babler <dbabler@Rigel.orionsys.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SUP with non-default BASE & PREFIX

I've been using SUP for some time to keep up with -STABLE and everything
has been working just fine. I decided to try to move around the source
tree and as a test, I created a /usr/test.src tree linked to the 2.1.5
CD-ROM's /usr/src tree. I then uncommented and changed the BASE line in
the stable-supfile file to BASE=/usr/test.src and the PREFIX line to read
PREFIX=/usr/test.src as well. I created a sup directory in /usr/test.src
and then tried to run sup. What I get is:

	sup -vz stable-supfile
	SUP 9.26 (4.3 BSD) for file stable-supfile at Sep  1 13:26:30
	SUP: Can't open /usr/lib/supfiles/coll.host

If I start sup where I have my default supfiles (/usr/local) everything
runs fine. I originally grabbed sup from the ports collection, but to see
if there was some problem with the version I'm running, I compiled the
source from the baseline and the source on the 2.1.5 CD-ROM - all produce
the same error. There is no `coll.host' file anywhere and AFAIK from the
man page, it shouldn't be looking for one unless it thinks I'm trying to
use the -s switch. There is also no `supfiles' directory in /usr/lib (or
anywhere else) and if I create one, it still gives the same error.

-Dave