Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 1999 01:32:44 -0700 (MST)
From:      "brian j. peterson" <rbw@myplace.org>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2.88 MB floppies

from .../alpha/4.0-19990206-SNAP/floppies/README.TXT :

<EXCERPT>
If you're on an ALPHA machine which netboots its floppy images or
you have a 2.88MB or LS-120 floppy capable of taking a 2.88MB image
on an x86 machine, you may still wish to use the older (but now
twice as large) boot.flp image which we also provide.  That contains
the contents of kern.flp and mfsroot.flp on a single floppy,
essentially, and can be used in all of the above scenarios as well
as a handy boot image for those mastering "El Torito" bootable CD
images.  See the mkisofs(1) command for more information.
</EXCERPT>

just wondering, but does anyone know where to get some 2.88 MB floppies?
from what i gather, having everything on one floppy should make life a bit
easier.