Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:59:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Kramer <david@thekramers.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UAAC Protocols

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, BSDNews wrote:

> Does anyone know what applications use this protocol?
>  I've did some searching but came up with nothing and am
> not sure how to find out, other than asking.
>
> found in /etc/services:
>
> uaac            145/tcp    #UAAC Protocol
> uaac            145/udp    #UAAC Protocol

This is certainly a mystery.  I did find out a little information from
googling.

One port list I found said:
uaac 145/tcp UAAC Protocol [DAG4]
According to RFC1340, when this number was issued,
David A. Gomberg (gomberg@GATEWAY.MITRE.ORG) is responsible for it.

See http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1340.html

That was obsoleted by RFC 1700 in 1994, which still lists him.

I would send David an email, if you haven't done that already.

DDDD   David Kramer                   http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  Working with UNIX is like wrestling a worthy opponent.
DK KD  Working with Windows is like attacking a small whining
DDDD   child who is carrying a loaded .38           Nancy L. button