Date:      Thu, 6 May 1999 00:33:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Neal Westfall <nwestfal@Vorlon.odc.net>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, jgrosch@MooseRiver.com, "Mark J. Taylor" <mtaylor@cybernet.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NetGear 10/100 Ethernet: an oversight?

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Mike Smith wrote:

> The new Netgear cards are not the FA310TX.  I think they use the PNIC
> part, but my memory's never been the best.  Ask Bill Paul if you really
> care.

Actually, they are.  The newer FA310TX use the PNIC chip, while the
older ones use the TULIP chip.  They of course both work under FreeBSD,
but use different drivers, which makes it kind of confusing, but that
can be blamed on NetGear for using the same model number for two
different cards.  I have serveral of the older TULIP based ones,
which work great for me.  Don't know how well the newer PNIC ones
work.

Neal