Date:      Fri, 1 Sep 2000 16:55:24 -0400
From:      John DeBoskey <jwd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   SIOCSPGRP documentation?

Hi,

   Like the subject says, I'm looking for documentation
on the SIOCSPGRP ioctl call:

rc = ioctl(port,SIOCSPGRP,&pid);

   I've gone through the source tree and while I can find
references where it's used, and where the functionality
is defined, there appears to be no doc (or man page).

   Basically, I've got portable code that works sometimes
and fails others. It seems to revolve around a call(or
lack thereof) to set the process group leader:

if (setpgid (getpid (), getpid ()) == -1) {

   any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks!
John

--

FreeBSD... The choice of those who know how to choose...(anon)