Date:      Fri, 29 Jun 2001 10:05:15 -0500
From:      Gabor Kincses <gabor@nameprotect.com>
To:        "Jim Bodkins (Prologic)" <bodkins@prologic.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Resin

"Jim Bodkins (Prologic)" wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    Just a note. I have had great success installing and using Resin on
> 4.2 and 4.3 using Linux-jdk1.4beta. FWIW, I have had virtually no luck
> with Enhydra, JRun (which has a broken self extracting sh script with
> an antiquated tar file) or Orion Server. Resin was very pleasantly
> easy and seems to work.

I have been using Enhydra 3.0.1 and 3.1 on FreeBSD using Sun Linux
1.3.0_02 (Classic VM) and IBM 1.3, since July 2000, don't know about the
Enhydra 4 Beta.  Linux JDK 1.4 beta doesn't have the Classic VM any
more.  HotSpot VMs have been very unstable, possibly, due to native
threads (emulation?) in the Linux ABI.

--
Gabor Kincses
Running FreeBSD 4.3-RC3