Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 1999 19:34:45 +0300
From:      "Igor B. Bykhalo" <goshik@binep.ac.ru>
To:        "Christopher Michaels" <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HD errors, what do they mean?

Hi!
>Could it be the controller?  Because all 3 drives in the system have been
>giving periodic strange errors.  This just started happening yesterday out
>of the blue, and this appears to be the worst so far.
>
>The drive itself isn't very old, and has performed well.  I hope it's not
>the drive, but I do have current backups anyway, just to be safe.
>
>-Chris

Don't know for sure, but (beleive it or not) i got
these messages a couple of times when sudden reboots
happened due to power failures. Mine is old trusty 486
with FreeBSD 3.1 and softupdates enabled, but my
harddrive is really old. But after shudown -r now
these messages disappear completely.

Regards, Goshik