Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:26:01 +0100
From:      Achim Patzner <ap@bnc.net>
To:        "James R. Van Artsalen" <james@jrv.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.3 routing IPFW FWD'd packets?

(the sound you're hearing in the background is my head hitting the wall)

Am 30.11.2004 um 19:41 schrieb James R. Van Artsalen:
> this seems to be where FWD is handled in this case.  The problem is
> that 33 lines above I see this code:

As it didn't seem interesting to me I didn't even look at that...

>        /* Jump over all PFIL processing if hooks are not active. */
>        if (inet_pfil_hook.ph_busy_count == -1)
>                goto passout;
>
> It looks like me like IPFW forwarding isn't going to happen here
> unless there is some PFIL around.

Yes. Erasing it solved the mysterious non-fwding-bug for me.

Would you please have one with

  * $FreeBSD: src/sys/netinet/ip_output.c,v 1.225.2.5 2004/10/03
17:04:40 mlaier Exp $

as he probably broke it (as far as I remember he is merrily ipf-ing
around).

Achim