Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 1996 17:06:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        timb49@Northwest.com (Tim Bach)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Various problem's with FreeBSD

 a couple of details....
1/ you don't give a country or area code
2/ people here are volunteers so asking them to phone long distance
is probably not real polite..
having said that let's see if we can help on email..

> Here's a list of the one's that still plague me.
> Whoever is in charge of fixing these type of bug's please phone me 499-6749
> to discuss work around's or fix's.

> 1) I don't know if it's really losing memory or what but basicly everytime i start up a bunch of stuff that consumes all my memory my swap usage get's high which makes sense..Though when i kill practicly everything my swap usage is still high.

can you write shorter lines.? it's wrapping at odd palces..
how much ram do you have?
how much swap?
what version of freeBSD?
have you tried using gnumalloc (supplied) instead? (bsd malloc worked but was
broken in terms of memory usage.. we've since implimented a new one)

what were you running?

> 2) Problem's detecting some internal modem's.Basicly i can't get my zoom on anything but com1..Even though it work's fine on all the other comport's in dwin95 even linux..
but it does work as com1?
hmm can't be too far out.. does it probe? or just 'not work?'

> 3) Enough time's to be a bit irritating i will get a bunch of garbage on the screen when connected and that i can't access the modem..Not to mention the fact i can't kill the process that has the modem open..This is on a external modem which i can just turn on and off and it should be fine..No problem's in linux,dos,win95

what are you using for a com program?
kermit?
tip?
cu?