Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:50:13 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - CITS Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Kay Lehmann <kay_lehmann@web.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/37553: New port: print/lgrind Produce beautiful  listings of source code with LaTeX

I'm cc'ing this to -ports.  Someone may have a better idea than I do
about resolving #2.

In message <20020429171341.5f5a06e5.kay_lehmann@web.de>, Kay Lehmann
writes:
> On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 06:16:36 -0700
> Cy Schubert - CITS Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca> wrote:
>
> > Three issues:
> >
> > 1.  I'm getting a checksum mismatch for lgrind.tar.gz.
> >
> > 2.  There is no need to specify ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/support/
> >     in MASTER_SITES because it is already in MASTER_SITE_TEX_CTAN.
> >
> I noticed this two points as well. Portlint said that I should specify MASTER
> _SITE_TEX_CTAN. The problem is, that there are three different files named lg
> rind.tar.gz in CTAN and not every site has one. These are the differences:
> ftp://ctan.unsw.edu.au/tex-archive/ and ftp://ctan.tug.org/tex-archive/
> have a broken version (gzip exit code 2)
> ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/ has an older version.
> So I decided to specify dante to have it as the primary site

In other words the various CTAN sites are not in sync.  You might want
to put a quick comment in the Makefile to that effect or better yet ask
the folks on the -ports list for their opinion.

What concerns me about this is one year from now, which copy on which
FTP site would be the authoritative copy of the file?  What kind of
maintenance nightmare might we be in for?  How many PR's will we get
due to checksum mismatches?  For that matter, the problems have already
started, see issue 1 above.

> > 3.  Use tabs not spaces after variable names.
> Ok, so what do I have to do now ? Do I have do work around it or do the port
> has no chance to get in the port tree? Because this is my first port maybe yo
> u can tell me what to do now.

I would like to commit the port into the port tree.  The tabs issue is
a minor one.  However, the major issue to be worked out is #2 above and
issue #1 that relates to it.

> By the way: thank for the quick respons. Really nice.

NP.

BTW, I've assigned the PR to myself.  It's in feedback status until we
can resolve issues 1 and 2.

Cheers,                          Phone:  250-387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  250-387-5766
Team Leader, Sun/Alpha Team      Email:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, CITS
Ministry of Management Services
Province of BC